Thursday, November 20, 2008

Magic Fingers

I don't consider myself a naturally talented person, but when I have a pair of wooden knitting needles in my hands and I create something out of yarn, I have to admit, I amaze myself. To see something I create gives me joy. Here are some of the items I've knitted that I haven't posted about. Don't you just love my MODEL!

This is a baby blanket I made back in 2006. I made it for Lukas. But now it is Manny's fave.


This is a cable toboggan, made in carolina colors.



I call this a candy cane scarf. I made this scarf in about 3 days, I didn't get much sleep. It was a gift for Christmas. It is 12 feet long!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Creme colored scarf. Made it during a trip back from Richond. 3 hrs.


Blanket made for my in-laws. It was so heavy. But it kept me warm while I was knitting it.



Gray toboggan.




This was a very simple gift I made. I loved it. I thought it was so cute. I honestly don't know why I haven't made more, including one for myself. It is a tissue holder. One of my many favorite things are precious unique tissues. I believe all women should carry some in their purse, not a nasty handkerchief. So a few years back when designer tissues came out, I was overjoyed. And what could make designer tissues cuter ...nothing....EXCEPT....a handmade, one of a kind, tissue holder.


This was a thorn in my side. This took me forever. For some reason, I started it, but I just couldn't finish it. I was so tired of seeing it in my knitting baskets, that I said...FINISH IT! So I did. It's pretty cool. It makes a great gym bag....no if only I could get myself to the gym.



This is one of my fave toboggans. I loved how the colors came out.



I'd like to thank my husband and children for their patience. For their help and their support in my never ending, sometimes expensive, extremely time consumming hobby.
Thank you...I love you!

7 comments:

sara b said...

WOW Karla! I am blown away by your "sweet skills"! Seriously, can we live by each other??? Or can you at least send some of your craftiness my way? I have been trying to learn to knit FOREVER!

You are awesome.

Carrie said...

Karla you're amazing! These are beautiful! You can see how consistent the knitting is! I wish I could do that!

kelly said...

you better be careful when posting all of your knitting treasures on here- people (ME!) will want lots of stuff for themselves...the tissue holder is adorable
what can i say, I'm a sucker for most anything knit.

Brittany Krallis Stapf said...

WOW WOW WOW! i CANNOT believe you made that stuff. i am truly impressed. yesterday i made chocolate chocolate chip muffins...from a mix...and i forgot to add the 1 1/4 cup of water..soo...not really the same thing i guess.
that candy cane scarf is my favorite! it looks absolutely PERFECT. and the tobogans are also very cool. you are a talented little lady. i also made a sign tonight for my sister-in-law congratulating her on her new baby - and MAYBE i spelled one of her kid's names wrong in it. we are both like craft-pros!! we should go into business together...

Joyelle said...

how fun! look at this awesomeness! yo go on w/ your bad self, girl!! lol :) crafty things rock! your stuff is great, sell it on etsy!! i'm adding a link to this on my blog!

McCall said...

that is amazing! i wish i could do something like that, i am sure i could learn, but i don't now if i have the patience.?.

when clara was born a friend of mine gave me some little botties alot like your white ones you posted a couple posts back. they were my favorite!!!!

Casey Jensen said...

Holy Cow Karla! I had no idea you were so crafty! That is amazing and looks like so much work! You need an etsy store. : )