Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Angry Bird Backpack

 

IMG_2929

My baby started Kinder this year and I knew that I just wanted to make him some homemade items. I’m not a big fan of the super hero backpacks. I wanted something a little more unique. I asked L what kind of backpack he wanted me to make for him ( I was pushing towards some adorable ones  I saw on Pinterest) he wouldn’t chose any of them. He insisted on and Angry Birds backpack. This was his 1st real backpack, how could I not oblige? So I went forth.

I searched online and found these awesome templates, their purpose was to be used on balloons.

Angry Bird Templates

He said he wanted the Black Angry Bird.  So I was off to thinking and planning and executing.

I purchased all the felt sheets from Michaels.

IMG_2923

Then I had to find the backpack. I was in Heaven when I was walking the Target aisles and saw they were selling these embark backpacks. It even had the gray bottom that I was looking for. Icing on the cake? It was less than $10.00. That’s right!!!!IMG_2924

I printed off the template sheet.

IMG_2928

Missing Picture: I pinned the pictures to the felt sheets and cut the shapes out. I could have used craft glue and glued the shapes to the backpack, but I wanted a different look. SO… I used embroidery thread and sewed the shapes on.

He was stoked the next day when he saw it.

IMG_2932

Almost 2 weeks later (delay due to hurricane) he finally got to strut his stuff onto his school.

 IMG_3123

No comments: