Monday, July 9, 2012

2012 Gift Exchange

I see gift exchanges all the time. I always say I'm going to participate and then I just don't. I get scared. Will I make something that someone will actually like? Will ...will...will...will. Well, I decided to throw out all those wills and just get it done.
I signed up for Craftaholics Gift Exchange. I was so nervous and really didn't know what to expect. It was really unique b/c it wasn't an exchange just between 2 people. It was actually btwn. 3 people. Someone sent me something and I sent someone completely different something as well.

My giftee is super talented. I took a look at her blog and was like..what did I get myself into. This lady has tutorials...this is someone I turn to when it's time for me do try to do something, and here I am trying to come up with something unique to make for her. Well after connecting via email, Heather was super awesome. I knew just what I wanted to make for her. I used my location to make something very personal.

(This pic was taken right before I went on vacation and the camera had already been packed..so phone cam it was)


I went to the beach (I live about a 5 minute walk) and wrote her name in the sand. Ha, I wish it would have been so easy. I took about a gazillion pictures. I spent quite a while collecting just the right shells and real OBX sand.

I loved putting it together. I picked my favorite colors and went to town. I put it in the mail and hoped that she'd like it. From her email I assume she did. I've been on vacation, so I haven't gotten mine yet, but I do look forward to getting my gift from my gifter. I also got to know her and that was super fun.

No comments: